June 25, 2009

I am a step closer to my tatoo

Well, I did it. I signed my life away and forked over a lot of cash for a years worth of self inflicted torture. I signed up for Coure D Alene Iron Man on June 27 of next year. This is the same one that Sara did and she is part if my motivation. For those of you that know me well you know that the only way I would ever get a tatoo is if I completed an Iron Man.... I am a year closer and I am motivated to get my Iron Man symbol permanently placed somewhere on my body!

If you are asking if I have even done a half-- the answer is no. Have I even done an Olympic Distance Tri-- No. Do I know if I even enjoy doing triathlons-- not yet :) Am I a little crazy and excited at the same time-- yes. :) I took the leap and I did it. I may hate every minute of it but I am going to at least try. I have finally found some good training buddies here and have somewhat of a tri training routine down and with a little peer pressure and a lot of adrenaline I decided to close my eyes and turn in the digits on my credit card! I have been battling injuries for the last 5 months so I will have to be verrry smart about this whole thing but I think I will be ok.

I am really excited because I already have 2 people doing it with me, 1 indecisive and 2 others committed to being my cheering section! Any one else? You know you want to take the leap as well :)

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Yea Corey! Have you got Susie on board yet? We have some friends in Coure D Alene we might have to plan a trip there next June and join the cheering section.

Susie Ernsting said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for you Corey! You will be an awesome Iron Woman! I will have to wait a couple more months after you to get my tatoo at Ironman Canada. But I will definitely be there to cheer you on!

Mandy S said...

oh my goodness,!!! i'm SO excited for you!!! you're gonna rock it!!

Unknown said...

Ah! So you're Peggy's friend who's doing the CdA Ironman! (She told me about you and I was blog-snooping and read this post). We live in CdA, and though I know very little about the Ironman, I do know CdA and can give you advice on what else there is to do in town... if you're not too pooped after swimming, biking, and running like a zillion miles. Anyway, good luck! And good call with the tattoo. I got a tattoo after getting married and one after having my first baby. Big milestones are worth celebrating :)