January 26, 2010

Book Club

I got invited to join a ladies book group and I am very excited! When I was coaching for TEAM in Training I met one of the campaign managers, Maggie. Maggie is calm, cool and collective and I like her a lot :) As one of her goals for 2010 she decided to start a book club with a small group of friends. Her sister has been part of a book club for 10 years and now she wanted to have that close knit group of reading women as well! So we met for the first time at a cute coffee shop over the weekend to decide on schedules, places and of course, books! I was nervous because a) this was out of my comfort zone 2) I would be forced to actually read at least 1 book a month 3) I only knew one person and don't know her very well. It was a great first meeting and I am really excited. I like all the ladies and they are all beautiful, smart and athletic! I have to pick a book today (paperback because it is cheaper) because I am the second person to host and I have know idea what to choose. I was originally going to pick Elizabeth Gilbert's new book, Committed, because I am reading it anyway but it is still hardback. Any ideas?-- Laurie I know you could give me a couple of suggestions!

I just had Fage Greek yogurt with chocolate granola in it for breakfast and it was yummy! I have been trying different Greek yogurts and this one is my favorite. The only thing I dont like are that the portion sizes are huge! My tummy has trouble with that much yogurt! hahaha

Ok I better get back to work. Have fun!

2 comments:

LZ said...

Here is a really good site for books clubs (it also has reading guides for all sorts of books)

www.litlovers.com

Click on the popular books if you want something popular and then look at the ongoing favorites. You can then click on different books and get summaries of them. Some good choices might be The Glass Castle (amazing true book), Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night (about a boy with autism), The Memories Keeper Daughter (makes for great discussions), My Sisters Keeper, The Lovely Bones, The Secret Life of Bees, The Thirteenth Tale (kind of like a Harry Potterish fun read)

All of these books I have suggested would have pretty good discussions too. Glad you liked your first book club meeting. So what are you reading this month, or does it not start until next month?

Susie Ernsting said...

That's awesome that you have a book club! That is something I have always wanted to do too.

I agree with Laurie on her book selection. I have read most of them and think they all would make for good discussions.

Can't wait to hear more about it!