January 12, 2010

Epidurals for lunch anyone?

I got my second epidural injection shot today at lunch and then went back to work! Hopefully this one will work. If not I am giving up on sports! Bah! But I have decided that if this thing doesnt get better in the next month I am still going to go to the IM and probably swim, get through the bike and then walk the damn marathon. It sounds horrible and I dont know if I will even make the cut off time but I am determined to do this thing.... even of it kills me. :)

I seem to have a lot of time on my hands lately because I am just working out and not training and also because ... well you know why. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions on new hobbies I should try? I am going to my first book club meeting next weekend and I am VERY excited. I am also thinking about getting a part time job at one of our local gyms just for fun and a little extra cash!

I am leaving work soon to make dinner! Laurie I want to try your sweet potato recipe! Yum. Tonight I will be heating up some left over grilled chicken, steaming veggies and making some healthy sweet potato fries. And since I have been eating my feelings lately after getting my appetite back I will probably have some form of dessert! I may try a punkin desert that I found on Kellys blog!

PS: It is 65 degrees and sunny today.... LOVE IT

1 comment:

LZ said...

Hope you enjoy the sweet potato recipe when you try it! :) My suggestions would be to go to your local community college website and look up the continuing education classes and see if anything is interesting. That is where I found the sewing class I will be taking. But there are all sorts of things (my friend is signing up for cake decorating class), and you could find a cooking class. Or what about volunteering at like the Humane society or something, walking dogs. There are all sorts of things you could try!! Eric just started playing soccer 1x a week (he has never played before in his life).

As for the IM....I don't think you should go try and walk a marathon, that might be kind of bad for your back/glute! But maybe if biking doesn't bother you, turning it into an aquabike isn't a bad idea.

Love you!!