January 5, 2010

Here I am 2010

Wow it has been a while. I dont even know where to start.

I have started out the New Year with a bang. I have been to more funerals in the past 6 months than my entire life and I have one more to add to the list. I am going to one of my aunts funerals tomorrow in Waco. She had a long and strong battle with cancer and is now pain free and living the life with her parents! I am also entering 2010 as a single lady which is actually very sad but I think needed. This may come as a shock to some and I am not sure what will happen but am taking it day by day right now. I got my first epirdual steroid injection last week and I think I may need another one because it didnt help much. I have a bulge in L4 and a herniated disk in L5, along with some genetic stuff that they rarely see in someone my age. Thanks Dad for passing this on. So I am dealing with this back and glute issue and am trying to decide if I should give up on the Ironman training now or if I should wait a couple of months. Right now I am just doing enough exercise to get by but I already feel too far behind to ever catch up by June. We shall see.

I would list out some New Years Resolutions but one of my resolutions was to not make any. I think it is a great idea but at the same time I dont want to limit myself and who am I kidding... I usually forget about them after a month or so anyway. I have some goals this year and some things that I need to work on but that should be a constant and shouldnt start at the begginning of the year. I guess the good thing about the new year is that it makes me re-evauluate things and figure out where I am at.

In looking at myself and my situation lately I have much self improving to work on and a couple of things that need more focus in my life.
- I need to get serious about saving money and need to actually follow the budget
- With the budget thing said I need to stop beating myself up about not owning a house. I will get there someday.
- I need to also stop beating myself up about my looming birthday and the fact that I am almost 29 and no where that I thought I would be. I feel so behind and I often compare myself to all of you guys and I feel very behind on the boyfriend/marriage/baby/career/house train. I have a good life and I have many things to be thankful for but come on! It is time for me to stop wishing and do it....
- I need to figure out my priorities and what makes me happy.
- Finding a career that I love would be nice but that will come in steps.
- Get healthy and learn to be lazy more often
- Update my blog more and post my recipes and adventures since I am now obsessed with trying new recipes and stalking peoples blogs.

Ok well I ended up kind of writing resolutions anyway! hahaha. That was a lot to handle.

Love yall


-

1 comment:

Krupa said...

I believe in you, bananas. I think 2010 is going to be a great year for you and I think you're going to make huge strides toward all your goals - I can feel it in my bones!